Monday, August 17, 2009

How can it be?

I have always seen blogging and public journaling as the ultimate self obsession and like every high level judgemental internet user I too end up blogging....
So...
My rationalizations will be
...it is a nice way to inform my parents odf what I am doing this summer, then why am I writing in English?
...I'd like to have a place where I can put my pictures online, so if that is the case, why don't I open a photo page?
...this is for my friends to stay in contact with me, okay that makes sense, and facebook is not working for that?
How bout.... I want to keep my memories updated because I realize how important it is to cherish every moment of my life, that truly is a great one, however, I do not need to go public for that, now do I?

I need to get real here, I love having people read my thoughts and adventures, it is a decent way of dancing on bar in a club, it is walking in the hottest bikini for mindpeople.
Let's face it, I am not the kind of person that should be dancing on a bar wearing hot boots, nor should I be on the beach in a hot bikini, it is just not me. It could be me, only for now it isn't me.

Somehow I am hoping that my friends will read what I do and that they will enjoy that, that they will together with me bike around the Netherlands and enjoy what I enjoy. I hope to bring a sparkling message of my life into the offices and livingrooms of the people I love. I am somewhat insecure about posting this, I am somewhat in shame around being one of those self obsessed people, writing a blog. Only with friends in the US, in South Africa (whooop whooop Joburg!), parents in the South of France, a niece in the East of Holland, a dear choosen sister in New Zealand and a Scandinavian one, blogging might just be a great way to share the greatness of life with my loved ones.

Let's see where it takes me.

I am looking forward to the rest of the summer, where my friend Mira and me will be part in some biketours. Starting this weekend we will do a smaller one of 100 KM near Amersfoort.
In September it will be the "Kneteman Classic" and the "Dam tot Dam ride" that will be 140 KM.

And it is that, my biking that I want to share, also I wnat to share the fun I have with my niece, Eva, she is the sweetest thign and really being with her is just as big an adventure as riding my first ride as she is my first niece.

Peace out, let's enjoy the ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment